Thursday, July 28, 2011

Carriage Hill Farm

So a while ago Bryan and I made the decision that instead of all of us driving out to Utah-it would be way less expensive for him to fly to Arizona and drive up with his parents and I took the kids to Ohio. There was absolutely no way I was going to do 4 kids trapped inside because we were under an Extreme Heat Warning all week long with the heat index about 115-120 everyday and no one coming home in the evening to help balance out the crazy! We both really wanted to take the kids to Utah and be with Bryan's whole extended family but I knew Bryan just did not want to pass up the opportunity to go to Arizona. He hadn't been back since his mission and I know he was dieing to go. I feel torn about the whole thing. I feel bad that we didn't just bite the bullet and go but then hearing about how things worked out almost makes me glad we didn't go! Not that anything went wrong it is just that I like (well love is probably the better word) a schedule, and I like to be on time, and I don't do well with up in the air just go with the flow, let have breakfast even though it is 11 in the morning kind of things. My kids are on a regular schedule and if they get off it heaven help anyone around them! So my type A retardedness along with my kids just does not mesh well with Bryan's family relaxed stance on things!! Plus I did a scrapbook for his Grandparents with pics we had gathered from his extended family, which turned out amazing and it would have been super embarrassing to have everyone talking about it with me there. I am more a behind the scene kind of girl rather than the spotlight seeking kind! So anyway Bryan took off and had a blast and the kids and I had a great time with my parents.
The heat in Ohio was still quite high although not as high as Iowa! So we did morning trips with the kids that lasted about 1-2 hours, its about all we could take! Went to Carriage Hill Farm one day. The kids love this place, it has sheep, chickens, horses, cows, and sheep and huge barns you can go into and walk paths through the woods and a penny candy store(which was closed cuz they changed the hours and didn't put it on the website-not cool!! not cool!!). It was fun and as always I got tons of cute pics! I just love taking pictures of my sweet kids!
Here is Dylan looking in the little creek as some small fish swimming around
We came across the creek at the end of the walk path we were on and had to do some rock hoping to cross it! The kids loved it! And I snapped a couple cute of my mom-doesn't she look amazing?!
Check out this gorgeous rooster! Isn't he beautiful?!
I love this pic of the kids! It is so hard to get them all to smile at the same time!

No comments: