Thursday, May 6, 2010

We made it!!

The end is here!! Lacey was able to get her cast off for good yesterday! Can you tell how excited I am! Lacey did really good when they cut this one off and once it was done she pulled her blanket over her leg just like she did last time. I don't know what kind of powers that blanket has but apparently it does something! Once we got the news that she was good to go I put her shoe on and stood her up-she held her foot up and tried to sit down. She wouldn't walk or do anything on her foot. So when we went to pick up Dylan I got her out of the car and stood her on the ground, held her hand and made her walk. And she did of course-but it was a little diffucult. She kept a death grip on my hand-it was sad but also funny to watch her try to refind her center of balance after walking with her cast for 2 and a half weeks!
In the afternoon we went outside and she spent about 25 mins in the sand box-she has been missing the sand box! And then the momment that I have been waiting for----BATH TIME!! Once Lacey got in the tub she just laughed and laughed she was so happy! and I was happy because she was clean! A sponge bath in the kitchen sink for 5 and a half weeks for a 2 year old just does not cut it!!! (I know this picture makes her look a little wierd but with her wiggling all around and the picture coming from my phone not much I can do!)

1 comment:

tjnicky said...

That has got to be a big relief for both of you!!! What a pain to have a 2 year old in a cast, but it sounds like she was a pretty good sport about it!