Saturday, September 17, 2011

Dance, Soccer and Bikes!

I have to say that it is getting pretty fun having the kids all starting activities outside of the house! Lacey started dance class. She is in Tiny Tot Combo-it is ballet and tap and in the middle they get to listen to a story. She totally loved it! We had a talk about the rules of how to act in class and she did pretty good till the last 10 minutes when that room was just calling to ran around in! But she did good for her first time-she came out saying "I love my class mom! I love my teacher and I love my classroom!"
Dylan started soccer. He has practice on Monday and then games on Saturday. I have been anxious to see how he does with this because he tends to be a little standoffish when he isnt too sure about a situation. Bryan is the assistant coach on his team so I think that helps. He isnt a very aggressive player but that is just his nature. After hanging around the outside of the group for a while checking things out he got in the middle of things and got some good kicks in even with his lazy run. We kept telling him that he needed to run faster! But he has this lazy enjoying myself kind of run! All in all pretty good for his first game ever!
And Abby is taking Ballet and Jazz this year and for the next 2 weeks she is going to Cheer Camp put on by the local Cheerleaders and they get to cheer at 1 of the football games-she loves it! She also finally figured out how to ride her bike! wooohooo!!! She didnt want to ride her bike because she didnt want to pedal. I was like "Abby that is kind of the whole point of riding a bike!". She said she didnt like pedaling and she couldnt keep her balance-all while crying and whining. I tried to help her but she would pedal twice and then stop and be mad because she fell over! So finally I told her that she knew how to balance and that wasnt the problem, her problem was she was lazy and didnt want to pedal so she needed to stop being lazy and just ride her bike!! She glared at me and then went into the backyard with her bike and rode it all by herself!! I know I am probably mean but sometimes she just needs to be pulled out of her little pity party and be told to just do it!! Anyway she is a very happy girl!

No comments: