Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holiday Dancing!

(Abby is a couple inches taller than how she looks but I had her get closer to Lacey so I could get a pic!)
The girls had their Holiday Recital today! They both looked so cute and they did awesome!! But I have to give myself bad mom points because I was so focused on trying to find Lacey (they had 3 tiny tot classes up on the stage so about 20 little girls) that I totally forgot to check to see it the camera was switched from pictures to video so I missed her dance!!! So so mad at myself!! The only thing that makes me feel better is that it took me half her dance to even find her and then she was behind another girl and you could only see her some of the time! Still I feel really bad about that! But she did awesome! I was afraid that she would just kind of do her own thing or that someone would make her mad before they went on stage and she would just stand there with her arms folded and a scowl on her face! So to make up for not getting her on video on stage we had her do her dance at home since we had the music and she did it way better at home! Abby did great of course and she loved being up on the stage. She was watching her dance and told me that she wasn't watching the other girls to see what to do next she was watching them to make sure they were all together! She is so funny! We are always telling her that she doesn't need to look at anyone else because she knows the dance so she should just do it!!
So at the end they sing "Santa Claus is coming to Town" and then Santa comes out and they can all go and sit on his lap. Knowing my kids and their fear of Santa I was really tempted to just get them after Abby was done and then leave but they both wanted to go out and sing. I told Abby to just find Lacey after they sang and then come to the end of the stage and I would get them. So they sang and Santa came out and they started lining up the little kids first and I could see them putting Lacey in line and a look of panic came across her face and I knew I had to get up there before she started freaking out! She ended up in the arms of one of the older girls and they brought her to the edge of the stage where I got her. Man the look of relief on her face when she saw me was way funny! She kept giving Santa side glances to make sure he wasn't anywhere near her and she told me over and over that she didn't want to see Santa. All the kids are so funny when it comes to Santa-they are all afraid of him! The only Santa they will see is the one at the Christmas party at Church because they know that it is just Papa in a Santa costume! So I had Lacey and we tracked down Abby, who was a safe distance away from Santa!) and we were out of there!

No comments: