Saturday, June 8, 2013

Abby's Spring Recital!

Abby had her spring recital last weekend.  She was awesome and has grown so much as a dancer this year!  She took Ballet and since she moved up a level she was able to start taking Lyrical this year.  She is totally in love with Lyrical which makes me excited because it is one of my favorite styles. 
 Anyway every year they do a production number with all the Ballet classes.  They are usually really awesome and beautiful but this year I had major problems with it and so did alot of other moms so that made me feel better!  To me the recital is to show what they have been learning all year in class.  So this year the Ballet number was Four Weddings and a Funeral (dont ask why they picked that movie noone really knows).  And Abbys level and another level were in chairs.  the whole time.  and then all the older girls are standing in front of all the younger girls and you cant see them at all!  I was like "ummm, yeah this is stupid!"   So they are in chairs and all the dancing is done by all the older girls.  I did email the owner and said that I was not thrilled about not being able to see my daughter dance at all.  And when she was putting together the shoe for next year that it would be nice if she kept in mind that parents of the younger girls would also like to see thier daughter dance some ballet also.  Oh man it made me so frustrated!!  So here is to hoping for next year!  If she doesnt change it up then I might have to get a little "Dance Mom Mean"!! 
But putting that whole thing aside Abby totally loved her Lyrical number!  I just wish she would dance it in class or on stage as she does it at home!!  She is more into it at home and gets self conscience and a little stiff in class.  I keep telling her to loosen up and have fun in class!!  She is just so sweet and is just counting down the years till she is old enough to go on point.  Thats what she really was to dance.  That will be a happy day at our house!
 Abby got her 5th year award this year for danceing for 5 years at the Studio (obviously!!)!!  She was sooo excited!!
 Abby and her friend Ireland waiting for Ballet to be called!

No comments: