Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oklahoma!!!

(this is alittle (ok alot) on the long side of things with TONS of pics because my Mom couldnt be there and she has been stalking my blog waiting to see pics! hehe!! love you Mom!!)
So this year after alot alot alot alot of talking I finally convinced Bryan that we needed to go to Oklahoma to visit my sister for Christmas. Well actually to surprise her! I know what you are thinking-"What?! oh no you didn't! not for Christmas!?"--but yes. yes I did. We did. The kids were awesome for our 11 hour drive down to Oklahoma. I had been texting Sarah all day to make sure she would be home when we got there. So we pull up and I call her and nothing. So I call and call and call and knock on the door and still nothing!! I called Eric and he answered and here is how it went-- Eric-Hey! Me-Hey! where is your wife? Eric-Well she isnt in my car, or at the corner of blah blah and blah blah cuz thats where I am. Me-Well she isnt answering her phone and she isnt at your house because I knocked on the door and she didnt answer! Eric-ummmm, you're there? Me-At your house? yes I am! Eric-ohhhhhkaaayyyy! well I will be home in 10 minutes. Me-alright we will be here! It was awesome! Eric was totally surprised! So he got home and we all went inside to wait for Sarah to get home. Eric had let thier dogs out and I thought it was him coming back in when I heard the door but when I turned the corner into thier living room Sarah was standing in the kitchen frozen with a very confused look on her face! Luxie and Meadow took off playing the my crew and I smiled at Sarah and said "Hi! Surprise! Merry Christmas!" She was like "Seriously?!" It was so much fun! We had been planning this for about half the year and successfully kept it from her! It was awesome! Then after the shock of us just showing up on the thursday before Christmas she got a call friday morning from Jeff saying he was at the airport and needed a ride to her house!! Say what?!! How much fun is that?! I mean he was totally in trouble for pulling the "I am just staying home with my snacks and my xbox and hanging out" lie! He even had Sarah and I looking for a box from him in the mail-the little stinker! But oh my gosh we had sooo much fun! Lots of laughing. Between Jeff, Eric and Paul (Erics brother) there was always something to laugh at! The kids had such a blast. We didnt tell them till we woke them up to get in the car! I had a hard time getting Lacey to get up. She kept telling me she wanted to sleep. Granted it was almost 3 in the morning! But when I asked her if she wanted to go to Aunt Sarah's she was instantly up and grabbing her stuff! They all played so well together with only a couple meltdown momments!
We had our big dinner on Christmas Eve so we could just chill out and eat left overs on Christmas Day. The food was super yummy but I dont have a pic sorry! Anyway after we ate and cleaned up the boys had to go run a last minute errand so while they were gone we popped in some Christmas music and the kids did some danceing while Sarah and I got the sugar cookies in the oven!
Cookie decorating fun!!!
After the cookies were decorated Sarah helped the kids write a letter to Santa and they any all got to pick a cookie to put on the plate-in this first pic Lacey was upset because she couldnt see!
Here is how Colby traveled around the house-you cant tell by this pic but he really did love it!
The girls hanging out with uncle Jeff while he helps Dylan with a Transformer.
So this brings up to Christmas Eve night! I think this was a long enough post so more to come!

No comments: