Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Blue and Gold Banquet

 Dylan had his first Blue and Gold Banquet he of course had to make a cake. He decided he wanted to make a campfire cake.  So I looked around to get some ideas on a fun way to do it.  All the kids got in on the action and had tons of fun.  For the flames they all divided a couple bags of lifesavors and them smashed them with a hammer.  We then spread them out on some parchment paper and baked it.  then just broke it into pieces after it had fully cooled.

 The part was such a huge mess.  Colby helped me grind up the oreos since he didn't help with the smashing of the lifesavors.  I should have gotten a pic of the aftermath!  Lets just say that you could barely see the table and then when the cake was fully covered with enough "dirt" the all started eating what was left.  off the table. It was hilarious!

 The finished product!  I have a pic with Dylan in his uniform with the cake but of course can I find it? of course not.  I think it is on Bryan's phone....

No comments: