Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is it cold enough?!

Let me start off by saying Holy Frozen Yogurt it is cold out here!! There are other places that are colder than here but you expect it from those places this is IOWA!!! When you think "Iowa" does -21 with a windchill of -50? Does it?!! Well it didn't to me!! That is COLD! Now close your eyes and picture this- you are nice and warm in bed, your alarm goes off (at 2:15 cuz you just got like 7 more inches of snow so you need more time for papers), you get up get dresses and you remember to put on a pair of fleece jamma pants under your other pants, get your hat and gloves and then you open your door and that disgustingly cold air whips you in the face! Talk about a wake-up call!! My car barely started and I had to come back home after I got started to put on another shirt find another pair of gloves and another hat!! Seriously that is way too cold!! We have ice on the inside of the window!! So is it cold enough? I say yes-it was cold enough when it reached 30 degrees!! Maybe we should learn something from the birds and all go south for the winter next year!!
Enough ranting! The other day when Bryan got home from work I went to the store by myself! Bryan knew I needed a little sanity time after being cooped up with 5 kids 4 and under for the last couple days! So I left and had a very nice relaxing time! No one was reaching for things, asking for things, telling the other person to stop looking at them, or to stop touching them! I got home about 6:30 and as I opened the door it opened to silence. I was like what? I go in and Bryan is laying on the couch and I only see Dylan who is asleep in the rocking chair with his plate of food. All the kids were asleep! Abby fell asleep at 5:30 waiting for dinner, Dylan held on to help Bryan make dinner and take one bite before he drifted off and Lacey ate and was promptly put in bed (she doesn't really care what time it is when she goes down well at least she can't tell us if she does yet!!). So Bryan knowing me as well as he does grabbed the camera and snapped some pics and even got a video of Dylan falling asleep sitting on the floor! Thanks Bry!! Well I guess when you wake-up before 6 for a week it is bound to catch-up with you sooner or later!

No comments: