Monday, March 16, 2009

New Things!

Well last weekend we drove out to pick up our new puppy! He is half havanese and half the neighbor's dog (hehe). We named him Zander and he is totally awesome! Unfortunately I left my camera in Ohio so I don't have any pics to show you right now. It really isn't my fault that I left it, that belongs to my brother Bryan who showed up as we were walking out the door, literally! So I put it down to give him a hug and forgot about it in the 10 minutes where we quickly visited before we hopped in the car and headed back home! I also have a ton of post that required pictures that I wanted to catch up on but it looks like that will have to wait too! I also talked Bryan (husband, kinda confusing to keep them straight I know, I usually say Bryan and Brother Bryan!) into painting the living room. He wasn't all that excited about it. He comes from a household where nothing much changed in the decorating department and definitely not in the colors that I like to use!! I cam from a household where furniture was definitely NOT nailed down and was frequently changed from room to room. Alot. After my parents bought a house my mom never hesitated painting and repainting whenever she wanted, and unfortunately for Bryan that is something I got from her! Bryan was like "but we only have had it this color for 2 years." My response " It has been this way for TWO YEARS!!" I needed a change! So we went from a very nice brown color that I loved to a muted yellow that is awesome!! It makes the room feel bigger and it is brighter and just makes you feel happy all around!! I also got him to rip up the carpet that I hated! Something else he wasn't really excited about. So when I get my camera back I will post some pics!

1 comment:

pawlowski said...

I'm anxious to see those pictures! I wish I were brave enough to do colors on my walls. I'm so boring....always nuetral. I had to laugh when I saw Brian on Sunday sporting his beard. :) John went through that faze too after he was released from the bishopric. I'm sure he's happy to have one less thing to worry about. :)