Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tinkerbell and Cave Drawings

This is a little late but a couple weeks ago we had Lacey birthday party with the fam-I was running around a couple hours before trying to find a cake topper because Wal-Mart wont sell them at the bakery any more-stupid Wal-Mart! So as I was running around it was getting later and later so I decided I probably wasn't going to have time to make a cake never mind get it decorated so I went over to bakery to see if they had a cute ready made cake or some cupcakes and totally scored!! They had a Tinkerbell Fairy cake just sitting on the shelf -it was waiting just for me!! I was so excited!! Lacey totally loved it-she loves loves Tinkerbell! Last week I was really busy and was gone 3 evenings in a row! Bryan wasn't thrilled at all (that's putting it mildly!) but since he has spent the last 2 semesters gone every evening to class I deserved it right!! I tried not to let my mothers guilt get in the way! So obviously Bryan was in charge of getting kids to bed, so he would do that and everything went well unfortunately he went into "Dad Mode" you know the everything-is-quiet-so-everything-is-fine way of thinking and then they tune out any noise at all. Well friday I went into the kids room, and something on the wall caught my eye. Abby was having a little fun while Daddy was in charge!!
When I politely and calmly asked her what we color on, she gave me a hesitant "paper" answer. So I asked her "then why were you drawing on your wall?", she just looked at me with this "duh" kinda of look and said "Well I had to practice my numbers".

No comments: