Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



This morning we went to the parade here in town. We decided to support our little town and this way Bryan won't have to get into a fight of spots at the parade in "the big " city! Bryan's parents and his brother Kris and his family came up too. We had alot of fun! It took a while for Dylan and Abby to get brave enough to go after the candy that was thrown! But the got it and ended up with quite abit, it was almost like a mini-halloween! Abby was completely freaked out by all the sirens and refused to get any candy that wasn't within arms length of where she stood! Dylan on the other hand was all over the place once he realized it was candy he was looking for! They each had a bag full and were very proud of all their candy! Dylan was also very excited to see all the tractors! If you have ever been to a mid-west parade you know what I am talking about! We had every fire engine within 2o minutes of us which was like about 6 departments. A couple floats and tractors, tractors and more tractors! They probably make up at least half of the whole parade. It is pretty funny! Now a minute to vent-there was this boy next to us, he was probably around 8 or 9 and he would come over by us and take candy that was right in front of Abby and Dylan! One time it was like an inch from Dylan's shoe and the other kid tried to grab it before Dylan could bend over to get it so protective mother that I am grabbed it really quick and handed them to Dylan! That kid glared at me like I had walked over and pulled it out of his bag or something! So I just looked at him with a don't-take-stuff-from-my-kid look! Pretty proud of myself! But I mean come on if my kid was taking candy from a 2 year old I would be saying something! I guess next year I will just have to send out a flyer on Parade Etiquette!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, nothing like living in a small town!! I actually really miss that- and in fact Jeff and I decided we need to do something about Beavercreek and it's lack of a "Downtown"- so we are voting for making Fairfield and Dayton-Xenia a town center and work from there!!!!

Jeanette said...

Sounds like you had a good time.
My parents are in town so we've just be hanging out with the family, nothing special. I am probably even going to be lame and put the kids to bed soon, skipping the fireworks. We'll see...