Tuesday, July 8, 2008

How Horrible Am ?!

O.k. this is kind of an embarrassing story about myself that happened today. Totally not cool! After the kids got up from naps we decided to go pick up Bryan from work and then go to the store. So Abby gets in, I put Lacey in her car seat and buckle Dylan in. Then we drive the 15 minuted to get Bryan, wait 10 for him to come out and then head to the store. We are getting ready to turn into the parking lot when Abby says "Lacey is standing up!" I turn around and Lacey is looking at me with a big smile like "Hey mom what's up!"! In my rush to get Dylan in and buckled I had completely forgotten to buckle her in. How horrible of a mother am I?! I can not believe that she even sat there for that long before she got up! So I grabbed her arm because I was driving and had easier access to her as she is behind the passenger seat and Bryan's arms don't bend that way. I have her arm so she can't go anywhere and she was just looking at me like "What the big deal and why are you holding my arm like that?!". Totally nuts! It can be funny because she was fine and didn't get hurt!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

One of those things every mother experiences at some point.
Once after moving car seats around to different cars, I forgot to buckle Red's seat back down and the first time I made a turn he completely tipped over. He was not happy and I felt like the worst mother in the world.

Anonymous said...

Ooops!!! I just have to say I NEVER made that boo-boo!! Oh yea- we didn't have car seats back then!!!HE!HE! There are plenty of other things I did though- Like tripping over you while carrying Jeffrey in one arm and a bag of groceries in the other-- yep- all of us on the ground in front of the commissary!!! Thank goodness we usually all survive those scary moments!!
love, mom