Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summer Prizes!

Today I decided that Abby and Dylan had been coped up in the house for too long so we went to the library to return some books and for the kids to turn in their summer reading charts. At our library they had a summer reading program where the kids had to keep track of how many minutes they were read to (in my kids case) and when they got to 300 minutes they got a half-way prize which was a fresby and today they got their finishing prize part of it is something we probably won't use. They got two coupons one for a free potato thing when you buy a taco at a loca resturant and the other is for a free child scenic cruise on a riverboat when you buy and adult one. And the part they got into was that they got to pick out a book from a shelf to keep. They were really excited about that!! They were looking at them in the car Abby was looking at the one that Dylan had choosen and said "Hey Mom, Dylan picked out a good one!" I was like "oh, do you like that book?" and she said "Yep, it's a good one!" She totally cracks me up! She talks so grown up sometimes!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

So I finally read through several of your recent posts. It sounds like you are all having fun. My in-laws were in town (fun...) and I've been sick so that is why I am so behind on my blog reading...
I know what you mean about Dylan and Lacey. Red was the same way with L. He kept laying on top of her and didn't get why she would just lay there and cry.

Jeanette said...

oh, i forgot to mention, I like the new look.