Monday, October 20, 2008

Kid Drama!

The kids had to have their iron checked today and if you can believe it Lacey, the 1 year old, was the best one!! Abby started crying the minute we walked in the room and that set Dylan off who was crying but didn't really know why. It was just a finger prick! Lacey didn't make a peep and only got mad when I was holding her hand so a band-aid could be put on it. Dylan was next and I had to pry his arms apart to get his done and then he just stood there and cried-loudly. Abby was off screaming in the corner of the room so I took the opportunity to talk to Dylan. I basically told him that there was no need for him to be screaming like that and I was sure his finger didn't even hurt anymore and don't scream just to scream and to please stop because the whole office didn't want to listen to him cry! So He stopped and started and then finally stopped and I moved onto Abby. By this time she was yelling "Let me out of this room" and was trying to crawl under the chairs so I couldn't get to her! I got her onto my lap and pulled her hand out so the lady, who was laughing, could stick her finger and get the sample which only took about 30 seconds! If I wasn't totally and completely embarrassed it would have been very hysterical!

3 comments:

Amy and David Ziehl said...

I am right there with them! I hate needles and getting pricked!

Erin said...

Are you going to get flu shots? That's what I am scared of. James kicked, screamed and more when she had her kindergarten shots. It's amazing what they can do.

Cyn said...

This post made me have flashbacks of a certain photo session that took place about 14 yrs ago... maybe you remember that story. I try not to. :o)