Monday, May 11, 2009

Abby's fight to go to sleep

I cleaned the kids rooms yesterday by myself because I didn't want to hear all the crying and arguments that usually go along with it. So Abby has a few things on the floor that she has played with today and I asked her if she could pick them up real fast before she went to bed. And oh my gosh you would have thought I had asked her to clean the whole house!! She has been crying for 20 minutes! She keeps asking to go to bed (it is 6:50 right now) and I told her that she could go to bed after she cleaned. She is back in her room and I can hear her talking to herself. It is really funny! I feel bad because she is so upset but this is what she is saying "I hate cleaning, I hate it every time, there are too many books, it is too much mess, I can't do this mess, I am so tired, I need to go to sleep, My body, my eyes, my arms, my legs are so tired, I am so super duper duper duper duper tired and I need to sleep, that is what little people do, I am little I want to go to sleep, please I will pick it up in the morning, I am so tired, I totally hate cleaning this mess, I really really want to sleep, I didn't take a nap today and my body needs to sleep" Seriously word for word!! It is now 7:25 and I can hear her starting to pick some stuff up. Geeez louisa stop the drama!!!!

3 comments:

Rebecca Stoker said...

Hilerious!! You should agree that she has too many toys and threaten to throw away whatever she doesn't pick up...works for us! :-)

Ben and Jen said...

I love it!

Cyn said...

HYSTERICAL!!! I'm STILL laughing! It reminds me of my then-10 yr old stepdaughter, who would run for a mirror every time she felt a tear running down her face (so she could watch herself cry). Then she would cry harder and harder (fueling her own distress by watching herself) and start lamenting... "Nobody cares about me! Nobody cares what happens to me! They all hate me. I could die today and nobody would even notice I was gone until my body started to smell bad... NOBODY! I hate everybody!" I had to run upstairs so she wouldn't hear me laughing! :)