Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recital Rehearsal

Abby first dance recital rehearsal was tonight and let me just say that I hope the show runs better!! After the Christmas recital fiasco I was a little hesitant about leaving her with her group and the ladies in charge....and I was right! It has been a great place for Abby's first dance experience but I am glad we are moving her to a different studio! When we got there I got her changed in to her dress and they started separating them in to lines. The recital is both friday and saturday nights and they have two tiny tot combo classes so one performs each night. Abby is supposed to be on sat.. So they were lining the girls up and I asked them which line was which and which one they put her in so that she would be in the group she was supposed to be in. I left and went to the auditorium but should have because she ended up in the wrong group!! When they came out on stage I just figured that they had the fri. girls in front and the sat. girls in back, but turns out they had her in the wrong group! Not the end of the world but just annoying! I went back to get her when they were done and on of the other moms came over to me and asked me if Abby was performing on sat. cuz she was in the fri. group. I was like "what?" She was like "you need to go ask because she has to be on sat because my girls (she had twins) follow her, they don't know it as well". So longer story short-she is on sat. and we did get the right tickets!! So here is the video I got of her. The video isn't the best because right when the music started the girl in front of Abby side stepped right in front of her!! ARRGGGHHH!!! The first little clip is blurry but she looks so cute. the second clip I fixed the focus! So there you go! One way cute thing was after she was done I took her back to watch some of the other dances. We watched a couple when the older girls who go up on point came out. Their dance started and they were moving all around and doing the arm stuff and then all of a sudden the all popped up on point and Abby gasped and said "oh , they are beautiful! Aren't they beautiful mom?! This is my favorite dance, I love this one they are just beautiful!" It was the sweetest thing! I think we have a budding ballerina!

1 comment:

Erin said...

So cute. I love their little dresses. Where are you going to send her to next? Is it closer to me? My girls are dying to take dance again.