Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Battle Bedroom

Don't let this sweet face fool you!! Underneath that cute exterior lies a crazy stubborn little monster!! Well finally monday morning Abby got her room clean! Although her room has not been clean since the episode where she told me "little people need to sleep" (see below), I haven't been actively been trying to get her to do mostly because I didn't want to deal with her completely outrageous stubbornness that is Abigail. So I dug in and prepared for a fight! And I wasn't disappointed! It took 4 days! She ended up being stripped of just about every privilege a 5 year old has and bribed with numerous things. We tried stickers, buttons for her jar, candy, soda, toys, and money. We took away the computer, tv/movies and outside time. NOTHING WORKED!!! She is so stubborn! What kid wont do something for money or candy!! She spent alot of time crying on her floor saying "I am so tired! I don't want to clean!"
So finally on monday (day 4) I told her "Ok Abby, I don't want to hear anymore crying, You are a big girl and you need to pick up your toys, there isn't that much to do so you need to just do it real fast!" Well that was met with more tears. I have even tried reading to her while she clean. We have taken her toys and put them in trash bags and taken them away, she thanked us for cleaning her room for her and didn't ask for any of the toys for 2 weeks! She even offered to pay Bryan $5 to clean her room for her!!! HELLO???!!! She is 5!! And she is offering to PAY her dad to clean her room for her!! She is just way to much!!! Well she finally got it done and she was very proud of herself! It wasn't how I would have liked it done-everything was all jumbled together, nothing separated-but it was done and I had to tell her she did a good job! With a smile. So that is what I did and she was very excited! I just don't get why she has to do everything the hard way!! So if anyone had any other suggestions I would gladly welcome them!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love it. And when she is a teenage you will look back and think that was cake. Ha ha ha! Way to go Abby. And does the stubborness come from you or Bryan? My kids get it from both of us. Now you can go outside and enjoy the nice rainy weather. Yipee.