Sunday, May 31, 2009

Milestones

Well a couple milestones to note. Dylan is potty trained! woohoo!! He has been for a little while. I told him one morning that now he was a big boy and big boys go in the potty. He looked at me and said "No, I not a big boy, I wear a diaper" I was like ummmm don't think so!! So the first day we went through every pair of undies that he had and the next day not one accident! He had been totally awesome! We have even graduated to going to the store and church in "big boy undies". It is so nice to have only one in diapers!
I don't know if others had trouble trying to get it to click in a little boys head, but I tried a bunch of different things to get him to go potty and he just wasn't getting it until I tried what worked for my little brother. Making water. I asked Dylan if he could make water, and the light bub went off and his face it up and he said "yeah I can make water!" So that is out code for when he has to go potty. Pretty exciting!!
Abby had a blast at her recital! Bill represented the grandparents by himself since Jenny was at home lounging after having knee surgery on Wednesday. They wanted the parents to come at intermission to pick up the little kids so I waited like I was supposed to but I wish I hadn't because the routine she loved as well as the rest of the ballet and lyrical routines that she would have liked were in the first part so she missed them! We got her a little bouquet of flowers, she thought she was pretty cool carrying her flowers and wearing her dress! I asked her if she liked being up there on the stage in front of all the people and she replied with a big smile "It was so much fun and I wasn't scared at all!" We took her back in to watch some of the second part and she was clapping and hootin and hollering for the other girls, she was really getting into it!
Lacey, my sweet Lacey has popped the biggest attitude lately, and I coudn't figure out if it was because she had teeth coming in or what until I remembered that she was 19 months old. For those of you who don't understand that expanation , the terrible twos do not start at 2 they start at around 18 months. No one tells you that. I think is because they don't want to scare people who are thinking of having kids!!! So now we have this sassy little thing walking around my house! The sad thing is is that she is just so dang cute it is hard to not laugh at her! Especially when she makes one of her faces! But I need to get that under control because laughing doesn't help when I am trying to curb her behaviour!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Congrats on getting Dillon potty trained. Nothing we have tried with Liam will make him stay dry. He can use the toilet, but he will only do it's convienient. Sigh...

tjnicky said...

That's awesome that Dillon is potty trained, I heard that boys are a lot harder! Abby looks so cute in her dance costume, and I love her comments!!