Monday, June 29, 2009

The Circle of Life

Squirrels and kids don't mix. A few years ago my mom was doing home daycare. She had her sweet little 4 yr olds outside standing in a circle in the driveway under a tree playing a game when all of a sudden a squirrel fell from the tree into the middle of the circle. Dead. So they had a little talk. Today I was lucky enough to have the same talk with my kids. My guys were out running around with Emma our neighbor playing hide and seek. They had been all around the yard and were making another round then I hear "hey there is a dead squirrel over here!". Sometime between rounds around the yard this poor squirrel fell from the tree. Now obviously I don't know what happened since it was dead and couldn't talk and we don't live in a cartoon and it couldn't talk and it didn't make any noise on its fall down since it couldn't talk. So either it died in the tree and fell or since it was super windy it got blown out of the tree and died on impact! Who knows!! So when Bryan got home the kids gathered round as Bryan buried it! What a way to end the afternoon!!

No comments: