Thursday, June 12, 2008

Road Trip!

Yea! Finally time for an Ohio visit! The kids and I went out to Ohio last week, for the whole week! We had a blast! The car ride out went great. I have to admit I was a little scared! But anything is possible with a portable DVD player, some juice and unlimited snacks! We had some pretty dirty faces by the time we got out of the car!
I was really excited that my brothers Bryan and Jeff were still at home because living around "Stoker" family the kids know them really well and I like it when they get to be with my side. Dylan walked around the first couple days with his permanent blank stare and bored look getting into anything and everything. Until Uncle Bryan brought out the light saber! He was totally gone after that! He was poking everyone banging it on stuff to hear the sounds. If he saw it before we left I am sure he would have tried to bring it home!


Abby was excited when she found out that Uncle Bryan's computer had her games on it too. She would go up to anyone in the house and ask "can I play my puter games? They're at pbs.org" It was really funny! She of course kept everyone laughing because you never really know what she will say!
I had to take Lacey in to urgent care on monday and she ended up having an ear infection so she wasn't much fun the first couple days! But once the meds kicked in she was in a good enough mood to actually be on the floor and start exploring!
We were also able to visit some friends of mine. Which was a total blast! Sarah and Jeanette (whoops, you are lucky I caught myself Jeanette I almost put your nick name!) are friend from way back in high school and girls camp day-future camp leaders of America right Sarah?! Anyway between the three of us we had 8 kids age 4 and under running around. Kinda funny because sometimes when we all get together like that it feels like we are babysitting! But then no parents come to pick up the kids and I get back to reality and realize "oh these are mine and no one is coming to pick them up!" It is going to be really fun being able to keep up with everyone through blogging! I have a lot of cute pics so that is why I did the slide show!

We also got together with the Young clan-minus Tabby and her family. We had a nice bbq on what turned out to be a gorgeous sunday afternoon. And you guessed it more kids running around! This time only 6 kids! They loved being able to run around and play with kids their own age!

It was also fun to see Felicia and Christie. You guys crack me up! It was fun catching up with you "cornish hoes"!

I love being out in Ohio, it make my Bryan a little mad but it will always be my other home! Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash your otherwise quietly life and reek a little havoc and cause a little chaos! And as Abby says "ucle Bryan and ucle Jeff" thanks for occupying the kids!
Love you guys!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I am really glad we were able to get together while you were here!
I know I asked you this about 5 times while you were here but I have mommy brain and can't remember exactly where you are. Are you being effected by all the flooding going on out there? I hope not.