Monday, September 15, 2008

Loggin hours in the car!

Last week I was able to visit my sister down in Oklahoma. It was a total blast! I think one of the things I liked most was being able to sleep all night! I know that sounds sad but with having the paper routes I don't think I have slept a full night in about two years! Anyway the drive from my house to hers is between 11 and 12 hours which of course no one, meaning Bryan and my parents, were really all that excited about my driving by myself with 3 kids! So after much prodding my Dad made the right choice and came with me. So here is where it gets fun, my Dad lives in Ohio so he drove out with my brother so I met them half-way (about 3 and 1/2 hour drive one way) picked up my dad and drove back home and then the next morning we got up and left for OK! The Kids were completely awesome in the car! Poor things put in about 18 hours in the car in two days!
Abby and Luxie were so cute when they saw each other! They haven't seen each other in over a year but the ran to each other and gave each other a big hug. Considering we had 5 kids ages 4,3,2,18 months and 11 months they all got along really well and the squabbles were spread out so that was nice! My Dad felt sorry for me and was nice enough to detail my car while we were down there. And I mean detail-cleaning, vacuuming, shampooing the whole shebang! I seriously don't think there was a spot anywhere on that car that was not wiped with some cleaner and a rag! It looks awesome! So a huge THANK YOU! to you Dad! He also was nice enough to put up the kids bugging him through out his project. Mostly Dylan looking for some guy time!
While we were down there I celebrated my birthday. We took the kids to the zoo which let me tel you is ALOT bigger than the one we have here! Abby and Dylan had fun seeing all the animals that we don't have here and my sister Sarah almost got peed on by a Rhino! I don't think many people can say that! We dressed the kids up and attempted to take some pics there too. That wasn't too successful but they were good while we were trying! Thanks again to Dad for being patient when we would stop and take a million pics! The funny thing was after all our trying to get a fun pic at the zoo we got a great one in the park across the street from Sarah's house the next day!
After the zoo, lunch and with the kids down for a nap my Dad treated my sister and I to manicures! It was a first for both of us and we had a lot of fun! Thanks Dad for letting us go and holding down the fort and to Sarah for spending my birthday with me and making my most favorite cake!
It was so much fun just to do nothing and let the kids play. They were able to be outside alot and they loved every minute of it!
Thanks Sarah for letting us invade your house!
After all the fun we had to head back home which ended up being in rain the WHOLE time! So that was stupid! Then the next day my Dad and I left to meet my Mom half-way to hand my Dad off! Thankfully Bryan was able to stay home with the kids. I just couldn't make them get back in the car! But my mother in law Jenny was nice enough to go with me so I wouldn't have to drive by myself! Thanks Jenny!
I think that about covers the trip in a nutshell but I will leave you with a super funny story! My niece Luxie likes to use words that just sound funny coming from a 3 year old! We were at the zoo and she says "this zoo is incredible!" We were eating dinner and we told the kids that when they were all done eating we would go to the park. Everyone finished except for Luxie and she just sat there staring at her burrito. Here is our conversation:
Me-"Luxie eat your burrito so we can go to the park"
L- "Aunt Allison this is disgusting to me"
Me-"You haven't even taken a bite"
L- "well I don't like it"
Me-"just eat it"
L-as she points to the burrito "there is poop in here"
Me-trying not to laugh "Luxie it is beans you have them all the time"
L- "no this is poop"
Me- "No it isn't! Do you want to go to park?"
L- "yes"
Me-" Then you need to eat"
L-"well how about I take it outside so the birds can have it?"
Me-"why don't you pretend to be a bird and eat it"
L-"well, I don't like it"
As you might have guessed she is stubborn and ended up taking a few bites and that was it. It was just so funny!

1 comment:

Erin said...

That conversation is hilarious! You are so good with kids, "why don't you pretend to be a bird and eat it"! Sounds like your trip was great. We need to get together and celebrate your birthday! I had no idea!