Friday, December 19, 2008

Dancing and Santa

We have had a really knock-you-off-your-feet cold going around our house this week so not much has gotten done including blogging! So I am playing catch-up trying to get things done before Christmas sneaks up on me!
Abby had a little Christmas Recital on Saturday. We didn't have to buy tickets which was nice and all proceeds from their bake sale and donations were given to the Make A Wish Foundation. Each class did a routine that was seriously like 30 seconds long! Abby was really excited to get all ready and to do her dance. I had to drop her off in the cafeteria and for being left with people she really didn't know she did really well! I was alittle afraid to leave her honestly because there were lots of 3 and 4 year olds and not very many adults watching them and I was afraid she would start crying when I left! But she did great! So I left to go sit with Bryan and his Parents. So unfortunately the video I got wasn't the greatest. I wasn't sure where she would be and there were alot of little girls, and I knew that their routine was really short and I didn't want to miss it looking for her and our camera doesn't zoom once you start recording. So lots of things working against me! So here is the video, Abby is in the back row in the middle-about half way through they do a little "free" dance and she is the one jumping up and down! It took me half of the dance to figure out which one she was!
Since I didn't to miss the dance I didn't get a pic of her on stage but they were all coming back on stage at the end to sing a song and see Santa so I figured I would get one then. So Abby waited with the rest of her class and all the other kids until it was time.
So the curtains open and all the little kids are up front and looking so cute. And I am looking and looking and looking and no Abby. So my heart starts going alittle faster and I tell myself that she is on the short side of things so she is probably just behind someone or on the other end on the side, trying not to panic! They are all singing and Santa comes out. Now all of you who know Abby know that she has a serious problem with Santa-she doesn't like him! So I knew she wouldn't sit on his lap. After the song was done they announced that the kids could see Santa if they wanted or the parents could come get them. So up and everyone is getting their little kids and I am looking and looking some more-nothing. No Abby. I asked one of the ladies if everyone came out thinking that if they told the kids Santa was coming that Abby would have refused to go and she said that everyone was there so I said "Well I can't find my daughter", she politely asked me how old she was and when I said "4" she made this face like "oh no!". NOT HELPING!!! She said that some might be back in the cafeteria so I race through the halls dodging little kids and their parents while not trying to be rude but starting to go into full blown panic because while I know they were watching the kids there wasn't anything really stopping anyone who wasn't a parent from going in - I know, I know, highly unlikely but I have a huge imagination that seems to run wild sometimes! I burst through the doors and there she is. Smiling. Eating Chips. Alone. She says to me "Hi!". I had to sit down. A lady was like "I am so sorry! I don't know how she got back here! No one was here when we left!" So after talking to Abby we discovered that she had gone out and sang the song but when Santa came she "didn't want to sit on his lap" so some older girls who had been helping the younger ones had gone back to the cafeteria and she went with them whether they were aware of it or not! Nice recital experience right?!

1 comment:

Rebecca Stoker said...

Omigosh!! Abby looks so grown up!! She looks so adorable in her little costume!!