Friday, December 12, 2008

Just Venting!

Just a couple things and if you don't want to hear me complain then don't read this and it won't hurt my feelings!
First of all this weather is driving me crazy! Most of it is having to deliver papers. I always give people a few days after a storm to clear thier porchs and stuff. I bag them for those days and I don't mind at all. But after like 3 or 4 days your porch, steps, driveway, and sidewalk should be clear! If you are having the paper delivered than you would think they could be alittle courteous! But NO! This morning I was out and there was ice everywhere! Some of the porches were still covered in snow. I had to search for a dry place to put the paper! And when you have like 160ish papers doing that a couple times adds up quick! Then I was slipping everywhere! I mean I just want to get home with out bruises and broken bones and in a relatively short amont of time! Is it too much to ask for people to shovel and put down some salt?! I didn't think so but apperently it is!!
Next and any suggestions would be greatly accepted! Dylan is in to ripping apart any book he gets his hands on! It is driving me insane! I dont know if he thinks it is fun or fascinating. I dont get it. And he is ruining all the books! We have had talks about how that hurts the books feelings and we dont treat books like that way. Time out. Everything! It makes me so sad! Those of you who know me know I LOVE books and I hate for them to be treated badly! I know your saying "get a grip!"! For my books sake help me please!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

For your first problem I have only 2 suggestions... 1st - enough with the paper route already!!! 2nd - move. :)

When my Zack was in his "Silent Tornado" phase, coloring in and/or ripping up all of our books, I finally had just get them completely out of his reach. I bought a couple of nice tall used bookcases at a garage sale, and put the books up on the higher shelves. I also put some on the high shelves in the boys bedroom closet, and moved my books into my own closet shelves. I was able to take them down again in a few years, and it wasn't that inconvenient having them up there anyway... it was worth it!

I just love that you're a mommy! How cute to hear you going through the same kinds of things that you used to come rescue ME from! LOL! Wish I was close enough to return the favor! :)