Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trees and Snow!

We usually have a nice big christmas tree with glass ornaments downstairs with all the decorations out and it looks beautiful and I love it! But this year we decided to have the tree upstairs and since I didnt want my whole livingroom all tree we opted for a smaller tree! We also got plastic ornaments this year which actually look like real ones, because I lost alot of my nice ornaments last year to little fingers and with a 14 month old I had visions of none of the ornaments making it to next year! And I didnt want to spend the month stressed out about little fingers touching things! We let the kids decorate this year, since the ornaments were shatterproof!, and they had a blast!
Then we got a big blast of winter after our little blast that we had on Sunday! I really think that snow is only good for one thing and that is to look pretty on Christmas morning! After that I don't want to look at it, shovel it, drive in it, watch it fall. Nothing! Unfortunatly for me I married someone who lives in a place where we typically have snow till around march. Not cool!! But as much as I hate it the kids love it! Last year they really weren't into playing in it. But I let Abby and Dylan play while I was shoveling and they had so much fun! I had to make them come in after a 1/2 hour because it was so cold! Abby actually asked me if we could go to the park this morning! I told her no way! It was like 10 degrees this morning! I know the pictures look like I was only watching Dylan but I got more videoclips of her because she was alittle more interactive with the snow than Dylan was!

1 comment:

Miriam H said...

Hey Alison! I love your little videos of the snow angel and stuff...made me smile. Your oldest daughter looks exactly how I remember you as a little girl. So wierd:)