Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa!

After the recital fiasco (see below) we had a Christmas party at church. I asked Abby if Santa was there if she would go sit on his lap and tell him what she would like for Christmas and shaking her head she said "no"! I said " really? Not even to ask for a toy?" Her response was "I just want him to come in and put my present under the tree while I am sleeping."! That made me laugh-the funny thing was she was totally serious!
Well Santa came and after she figured out that is was just Papa in a Santa costume she was totally fine! It was the first year without tears! Last year she was crying and saying "I no want to sit on Hoho's (that is what he is called in our house) lap" over and over and over. It took us a half an hour to calm her down and convince her it was Papa so to not be scared!
I wanted to get one with just Lacey but right after this picture was taken Dylan pulled down Santa's beard and freaked Lacey out and she started screaming! So that didn't work out! Oh well, there is always next year!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilarious!!! Poor Abby... Emmie didn't like Santa either, but they patched things up about 3 years ago, so now they're cool. :)