Friday, February 27, 2009

Glory Be!

Oh what a sweet sweet day!! The morning started off with the promise of goodness. I got up, got ready and left to do papers. When I got there we had the official route list hand over to the guy taking over-It is my last day!-AWESOME! I was bagging papers, in a happy mood when the stupid Swiss Valley delivery guy who drops off the milk for the schools pulls up. Now after trying different starting times I have been starting at 2:45 for over a year and never has this guy shown up! So he pulls right up in front of me sits there and then FLASHES HIS LIGHTS AT ME!!! What the heck?! That totally ticked me off!!-But it is my last day!-GREAT! So I start delivering, as I stepped out of the car and was hit with a nice blast of cold air! The wind was so strong that I had to turn my head to catch my breath! And it started to snow, small tiny flakes that with the strong wind sting against your face-But it is my last day-NICE! We had rain yesterday and so that with the before mentioned wind and snow created thin sheets of black ice scattered around on the roads and sidewalks. As careful as I tried to be they I was drawn to them like a magnet! I was hard pressed to stay on my feet a few times!-But it is my last day-WONDERFUL! As I got closer to the end of the route and my pile of papers slowly dwindled I couldn't help but smile!-It is my last day!-EXCELLENT! I am very excited that after a 2 and 1/2 year absence from the worlds of Law and Order, CSI and Medium I am able to make a return! I have a really huge abnormally active imagination which comes in handy while reading a book but not so much when your out by yourself. In the dark. Walking around at 3 in the morning. So I didn't let myself watch those things because it just added to the feelings of someone watching from a dark shadow, the sound of non-existent footsteps coming from behind-I am starting to freak myself out just thinking about it!! But anyway-It is my last day!!!-FANTASTIC!!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yipee! How wonderful for you to be done with papers!

Cyn said...

WOOHOO!!! FINALLY!!! I sometimes think of you when I go to bed... "Allison will be getting up any minute now..." but not anymore! :) Congratulations.. and I hope you LOVE sleeping in!

Anonymous said...

yay-yay-YAY!!!!!!! I am soooo happy for you and proud of you!!!! And happy for me that I no longer have to worry about you two!!!!!!
mom