Monday, February 16, 2009

"I'll text ya"

It is amazing how quickly little kids grasp technology and the lingo that comes with it. Yesterday Abby and Dylan we in a "house" they built using lots of blankets and the recliner. Abby had her princess phone and I hear her voice saying "Hey mom, I am calling Grandma-she is number 4 right?", on my cell phone my mom is 4 on my speed dial. Then later she said "Mom do you want to talk to me on the phone?" As I was right in the middle of something I told I would call her back and she responded with "o.k. I will just text ya!"! Every once in a while if things are going kinda slow she will bring me my phone and request to text someone! Usually it is Bryan, my mom or my sister! It just makes me laugh! Although it is kinda sad that they are growing up in a world of speed dial! We have started to get her to memorize our phone number because I would be afraid that if something were to happen and she needed to know how to reach me she would dial a "2" (bryan and I are both 2 on each others phones) and expect to get us!! That would not be good!
I usually let Abby play on the computer while everyone else is taking naps. Probably not getting the best mom award but since she doesn't take a nap and she love to play games on the computer and it allows me to get somethings done, I let her play. I make myself feel better by telling myself that she is learning while she plays! The favorite sites at our house are the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, PBSkids, Strawberry Shortcake, and, My Little Pony. Dylan and Lacey like to watch and Abby will sometimes unbend enough to actually allow Dylan to help!! I love when they both get along, play nice and all is quiet!!

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

That is so funny! I totally recommend her learning your phone number...they need it when you least expect it! I had no idea that Tyler had a 1/2 day at school and I was at work. My phone rings and I didn't know the number so I almost didn't answer it. It was Ty calling from the principal's cell phone to tell me "I forgot him"! I felt so horrible! Good thing he knew my cell number. Yikes!

Rebecca said...

Too funny!!! It's hilerious what things these kids pick up!! Yesterday Brooklyn took a toy from Josh and he yelled, "Stop Brooklyn, or you're fired!" I have no idea where he heard that but it's hilerious the phrases kids say!!